Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Military Lodge of Freemasonry

When one reads Rudyard Kiplings Mother Lodge for the first time or better yet hears it recited from memory, one becomes aware of the potential of the fraternity. It isn't a joke when one is far from home and the men around you have only their reputation and bearing with which to establish themselves. Quiet, honorable, men of goodwill looking for that unspoken respect due, which I have only found in my life within the walls or under the sky with my brethren. Not given to easy conversation or bluster I prefer the discussion of matters of substance. That is why I am a Freemason, because with all the bull it is still the place where I find weight. So if I was in foreign lands and was in the military I too would be drawn to the square and compasses.
Post a Comment